Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I like it.. I love it..

I have been in such a great mood lately!!! This is very awesome because since moving to South Dakota I have been kinda gloomy feeling. Yesterday I went to HeartLink... If you are a military spouse and haven't gone, I suggest you do it!! We received a lot of hand outs and listened to a whole lot of people talk... kinda information overload, but I needed it. The most awesome, amazing thing: : : I got to sit in the pilot seat of a B1 bomber!!! If only I had my phone on me instead of in my purse :( But it was AWESOME!!! I think I am going to start volunteering at the thrift store on base to give me something to do until that sonography job of my dreams comes open. It was also cool because they gave us cute blankets (of course I got a green one!! :)) I also won the raffle and got a cute bucket with cookies on lollipop sticks!!! Kerry took a bite of the flower before I snapped the picture!




Today was really pretty, so I opened the windows to get some fresh air in. The "base voices" outside announced a thunderstorm and I was like whatever; so I went downstairs to change out the laundry. All of a sudden, I heard a weird noise and ran upstairs... IT WAS HAILING!!! It only lasted a few minutes, but it was crazy. Afterwards... it was humid! I was so excited for some humidity. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm a southern girl and it made me feel at home :)



After the weather calmed down, I went shopping at the commissary. I decided to start trying to only grocery shop every other week; so I had my list all made out and ready to go. Tomorrow I am having a cooking day and cooking some chili to freeze and maybe Mexican lasagna. As I was going through the aisles, I saw something that nearly made me do a happy dance in the middle of the store... CHEESE DIP!!! I guess the world is still a good place :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love getting all your info on the intercom on base! I do!!!! We have alot of construction going on around us though...so I have only been hearing the trucks and stuff.

    I'm a new follower. I also have a military blog, it's called, Goodnight moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just loved everything about this post! Thanks for sharing :)

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete